Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX)?is a fellowship that provides two months of intensive German language, four months of study in the participant's career field at a German college or university, and a five month internship with a German company. Central Piedmont?both hosts visiting German students and supports applications by American students looking to go abroad for this career development program.
Live, Study, Intern in Germany
The?Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals?(CBYX) is currently accepting applications from students and recent graduates who are interested in living, studying, and interning in Germany on a full-year, funded fellowship.?CBYX is sponsored by the U.S. and German governments for applicants in all career fields between the ages of 18-24, and does?not?require any prior German language knowledge. Applicants in business, vocational, technical, engineering, scientific, and agricultural fields are especially encouraged to apply.
75 participants are annually awarded the CBYX fellowship to spend a year studying and working in their career fields while completely immersed in German language and culture.?Please forward this email to ideal candidates among your students and young alumni, who can find more information at?www.CBYX.info. The CBYX for Young Professionals fellowship includes:
- two months of intensive German language training (prior German language knowledge is not required, but preferred)
- four months of study in the participant’s career field at a German college or university
- five-month internship in the participant’s career field with a German company
- accommodations living with German hosts, in shared apartments, and in student dorms
- transatlantic airfare and monthly food stipends
- health/accident insurance
- various program seminars in the United States and Germany
- support throughout the program year by local program representatives
Eligibility for the?The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals Fellowship
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- between the ages of 18-24 at the start of the program in July 2011
- high school diploma or equivalent
- clear career goals and some relevant work experience in career field
- strong interest in German and international affairs, and a strong sense of American identity
- flexibility, independence, and diplomacy
Application deadline is?December 1?for the program beginning in summer.?For more information, and to apply online, visit the CBYX website. You may also contact the Central Piedmont?Director of International Learning.